Trial and Error

A little something...Thoughts, inspirations, moments in time. Hints, glimpses, windows into what is. Life as I am living it. All work copyright 2006 by Ranya Mike.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

From trial and error to guesswork, my life is a work in progress. Practice is key, and love the main ingredient. The journey is long, but the way is right. Time is endless, but here is where I make it stop. Memories are for the making.

Monday, October 09, 2006

back in the kitchen

Whoever said that a woman's place is in the kitchen knew what he was talking about! I am proud to think that the kitchen is my kingdom - or queendom- and I am happy to call it my own.

In the past year I have hovered from one kitchen related activity to the next. From working in a restaurant and playing with someone else's food, to cooking in my mother-in-law's kitchen and freezing meals for her, to volunteering and now working at Sur La Table, I have been involved with perishables and everything that relates to them in one way or the other. I would say I have come quite a way in the road leading to mastering cooking.

In the kitchen I am happiest, and I am only happier when the audience I am serving compliments me on the final product. Some products have failed, some have risen to center stage on the table and others are simply no-repeaters. But the experience of bringing them about is cherished whatever the result. I am working on expanding my audience. That is why I marvel at living where family abounds, after all cooking needs to be enjoyed, and I need to be complimented!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home