Trial and Error

A little something...Thoughts, inspirations, moments in time. Hints, glimpses, windows into what is. Life as I am living it. All work copyright 2006 by Ranya Mike.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

From trial and error to guesswork, my life is a work in progress. Practice is key, and love the main ingredient. The journey is long, but the way is right. Time is endless, but here is where I make it stop. Memories are for the making.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

One GIANT leap forward

Today, I made a giant leap in the history of my fitness regimen. Today I did something that only a few weeks ago was unthinkable!! Something that I would have thought was "impossible," "obsessive," "one step too far," "undoable." But today, I scratch these terms from my glossary and I am proud to say that -

I exercised during my lunch break!!!

Can you believe it? This may have just put me on the gymoholic list but I do not care. And while others were eating or sitting in front of the computer screen, I was in my shorts and t-shirt making strides on the elliptical machine in our building's exercise room. And, boy did it feel good! Sure I was watching the Food Network while working out - but I was working out, and that is what counts. And, sure I only put in 25 workout minutes but that is definitely better than not putting in any minutes!

Yes of course I have been more fit in the past than I am now, and I certainly have been smaller than I am now. But as of today I placed myself on the fitness map, and I have given fitness (which had already existed in my dictionary) a central location on my map. As of today, there is no turning back to the dark ages when exercising was not part of the routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home